Wolfegar Forums
Random Gallery Image

Recent Gallery Image

Go Back   Wolfegar Forums > General > Movie, Television, Book and other Entertainment Discussions

Notices

Old 02-24-2018, 12:11 PM   #31
granath
Cool Poster

granath is on a distinguished road
You can blink again. Sorry it took so long, Tanje!

I'm really enjoying The Orville, hence the avi.

The last movie I saw was Darkest Hour with Gary Oldman as Winston Churchill. Great stuff.

granath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:12 PM   #32
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Tanje is on a distinguished road
Ooh we love the Orville too!

Tanje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 03:03 AM   #33
granath
Cool Poster

The Post starring Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks. I was born in the early 1970s so I'm too young to remember anything from the Nixon era, but this dramatization really brought it to life for me.

Old 04-08-2018, 10:10 PM   #34
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

We just watched 2 movies today. The Shape of Water and the new Jumanji movie. Both were really good. I would really recommend The Shape of Water. I had wanted to see it when it first came to the theaters but managed to miss it. Wolfie kindly got it on Amazon for us to watch. It was strange and wonderful and I managed not to cry at the end, well not too much. A fantasy/love story/action movie sort of... think love story, beauty and the beast with the creature from the black lagoon, evil scientists and Russian spies....Yeah its hard to describe what it was but it was GOOD.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:47 AM   #35
granath
Cool Poster

Solo: A Star Wars Story (in theater). Great stuff, I really enjoyed Alden Ehrenreich's performance. Granted, he's not Harrison Ford, but he did a great job.

A New Hope (our new 100 in projector screen). An old favorite.

Old 06-24-2018, 12:19 PM   #36
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Not yet seen Solo but looking forward to it. Sadly it got poor reviews here. They kept saying it was too much too soon, too many Star Wars movies put out too close together.
We watched a movie Id never heard of last nite (was on Amazon) It is called "Unsane" an odd title. Was pretty good. About a young woman who was (wrongly?) put in a mental health hospital. Turned out to be a horror/murder flick. Had never heard of any of the people in it.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:21 PM   #37
granath
Cool Poster

Franchise fatigue could have something to do with the poor reviews for Solo. Still, I enjoyed it and it was a more pleasing movie cinematographically than The Last Jedi. The uneven pacing of that one was a problem Solo doesn't have. Besides, Han and Qi'ra have the kind of screen chemistry that we haven't seen in Star Wars since Han and Leia. (Eat your hearts out, Anakin and Padmé and Rey and Kylo...)

Old 10-01-2018, 03:18 AM   #38
granath
Cool Poster

BlackKklansman. An astonishing movie and so necessary in these politically troubled times. Definitely not a movie for everyone, though, plenty of offensive language in this one. To be fair, the language's fueled by even more offensive thoughts. One of the more unpleasant characters is played by fellow Finn Jasper Pääkkönen. I may be a bit biased but I think he did an absolutely amazing job. He spent a year in the US (Maryland) as an exchange student when he was in high school, but I suspect he had some voice coaching because he sounds like a "redneck" in the movie. If you didn't know otherwise I'm sure most people would think he's American.