Random Gallery Image

Recent Gallery Image

Go Back   Wolfegar Forums > General > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-05-2018, 08:34 PM   #31
Victoria
Super Moderator

Victoria is on a distinguished road
Soooo cute. I have a soft spot for black cats too, but over the last few years have lost two gorgeous black oriental girls to the road, made the decision not to have cats any more . So we got a Fozzy it's not the same, but he's pretty cute too

Played since Feb 2004, member since May 2004
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 05:44 AM   #32
Moelisa
Stalker of Wolves (Well one anyway.)

Moelisa is on a distinguished road
Awww Victoria don't put Fozzy in the shadows, he's such a cutie. I remember the first pictures you posted of him.

Mayhem, I told you the other day when I saw the pictures, they are absolutely adorable. (I also foretold your hesitance to let them go again, but that was not a difficult prediction to make )

Moelisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:41 PM   #33
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Tanje is on a distinguished road
If you keep the cats indoors they cant get hit by cars on the road. They also dont get fleas or get into fights or get mauled by dogs etc. I just do not understand so go ahead and flame me over this.

Tanje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 06:59 PM   #34
Cosmic Dancer
Really Mega Poster

Cosmic Dancer is on a distinguished road
Awwww more cute kitties! How have your older animals reacted to the two little ones arriving, Mayhem?

Our first cat was also pure black and very cute. He was an outdoor cat and fighting did mean he picked up injuries, one of which was really quite nasty. I can see the sense of keeping cats indoors where you can. One of my workmates does this with her cat. I think the cat is occasionally allowed in the garden under supervision, but that is all.

Joined F2P March 2006 & P2P July 2007
Cosmic Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 09:00 PM   #35
Victoria
Super Moderator

Victoria is on a distinguished road
We don't keep cats indoors here. Oriental cats also have minds of their own, and one time I moved and tried to keep the cat indoors for a few days, but he was out within hours, I think he teleported. I also didn't have air conditioning in those days. But Fozzy works just fine .

Played since Feb 2004, member since May 2004
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:58 AM   #36
Mayhem
First Strykewyrm Slayer Assignment

Mayhem is on a distinguished road
Dog attack or no, Diablo goes crazy if kept indoors. Until I make enough money for a catio, he'll be out. Not that he goes far now. Julie's garden and in the back alley way. Sebastian mostly goes out the back door and in the front window *eye roll* Grim usually heads to the kid's playpark to hunt moles.

They're getting there with the getting used to them, Diablo and Grim taking their time, but Sebby has taken on role of protector and ear washer. Just got a video of the kittens playing with a fidget spinner, I'll pop it here it when I can get it uploaded online somewhere.

https://youtu.be/Q4Y-B2STSkk

Last edited by Mayhem; 07-10-2018 at 10:11 AM.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 11:04 AM   #37
Mayhem
First Strykewyrm Slayer Assignment

Mayhem is on a distinguished road
Had the babies at the vets for their second jabs on Tuesday. Reaper is now just over 2kg and Spook now weighs in at 1.5kg.

They've done well!

Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:30 PM   #38
Woollymouse
More Super Poster

Woollymouse is on a distinguished road
They are growing well Mayhem, at this rate they will be bigger than my Fuchsia (currently 3.3kg) mind you they have a little bit of growing to catch Maple (4.3kg last week). Thankfully both of them realise that staying in at night is going to be the norm (hubby is slowly coming round), I don't mind them going out during the day (neither goes far really) but night time is a different matter especially as we live in the countryside effectively.

Woollymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:26 AM   #39
granath
Cool Poster

granath is on a distinguished road
Aww...

Letting cats out at night in the country can be dangerous, if there are any foxes about at least. But cars are a bigger problem in suburban areas.

Here, most city ordinances forbid letting cats roam the outdoors freely, but it still happens all the time. A cat in our neighborhood has a route that it walks, in winter, the paw prints are always in more or less the same places every day.

If you start when they're kittens, cats can be trained go out on a leash. You can't go for walks with most cats as you would with a dog, but it's still a way of ensuring that they don't run off, and it also decreases the likelihood of them catching birds. My parents had two cats that could go out on a leash. Sometimes it was rather funny, they'd see a sparrow on the lawn and start stalking it, but at some point I think they realized that it was a hopeless exercise, as the pesky human at the other end of the leash would scare the birds off! That said, both cats managed to catch at least one vole each in their lives. They didn't eat them, though, as voles apparently taste awful.

granath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:00 PM   #40
Woollymouse
More Super Poster

Woollymouse is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by granath View Post
Aww...

Letting cats out at night in the country can be dangerous, if there are any foxes about at least. But cars are a bigger problem in suburban areas.

Here, most city ordinances forbid letting cats roam the outdoors freely, but it still happens all the time. A cat in our neighborhood has a route that it walks, in winter, the paw prints are always in more or less the same places every day.

If you start when they're kittens, cats can be trained go out on a leash. You can't go for walks with most cats as you would with a dog, but it's still a way of ensuring that they don't run off, and it also decreases the likelihood of them catching birds. My parents had two cats that could go out on a leash. Sometimes it was rather funny, they'd see a sparrow on the lawn and start stalking it, but at some point I think they realized that it was a hopeless exercise, as the pesky human at the other end of the leash would scare the birds off! That said, both cats managed to catch at least one vole each in their lives. They didn't eat them, though, as voles apparently taste awful.
Shrews are the same, but it doesn't stop my Maple from catching them and bringing them home to play with.

Woollymouse is offline   Reply With Quote