Go Back   Wolfegar Forums > General > Games and Silly Stuff

Notices

Old 08-30-2019, 09:13 PM   #1231
Wolfegar
The Wonderful Wizard, Wolfegar, The Werewolf

Wolfegar will become famous soon enoughWolfegar will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
Happy for you WolfeBro, and thanks for getting us access again. I realised when it was out of action I would have liked to save my Bad News thread as a diary and now (thanks to PreK) I have done so. It was interesting reading back to the start of the journey.
You are very welcome.

Wolfegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 09:37 AM   #1232
Cosmic Dancer
Really Mega Poster

Cosmic Dancer is on a distinguished road
I do hope that you get at least some improvement to your eye, Tanje.

I'm pleased that you finally got your TV programme issues sorted, Wolfie.

Joined F2P March 2006 & P2P July 2007
Cosmic Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 12:46 PM   #1233
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Tanje is on a distinguished road
Finally got to see the movie Bohemian Rhapsody yesterday. Seems we always have so many TV shows to watch on weekends we never get to the movies Wolfie has got. Happily on this long weekend and after my reminding him we watched it yesterday. I wasnt a huge Queen fan, but really did love their music. It was a good movie and the music was of course wonderful to hear it all again. It was so wonderful my brain was hyped up on it and I couldnt sleep at all last nite. In fact now, prior to eating breakfast I am still mentally singing Queen songs......

Tanje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 01:45 PM   #1234
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Had my Eylea injection yesterday. Was going to post afterward but my eyes were so out of it I really just couldnt spend more than a few moments doing anything on the computer. All I managed to do was to spend the rest of the day sitting with both eyes closed. Not sure why my left eye was bothering me as it had nothing done to it. Perhaps it was being troublesome in sympathy with the right eye. In any case no real improvement, but not getting worse. Better than nothing I guess. Longer time for next injection which gets done on October 31....yes Halloween. Wonder if I should wear a costume...

Old 09-07-2019, 10:42 AM   #1235
Mary
Cool Super Poster

Mary is on a distinguished road
Did he say when you would see any improvement? It must be so frustrating for you to say the least.

Playing Runescape since 24 April 2004. Member since 01 Aug 2004.
Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 01:33 PM   #1236
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Nope, the doctor didnt say when or if I may get any improvement. May be it will just not get worse. Since I havent had any improvement yet, I doubt I will get any. Ah well so is life.

Starting to feel like fall here although I havent yet seen any leaves changing color. Halloween candy has been on the store shelves for weeks now so I guess it is inevitable.

Old 09-07-2019, 04:32 PM   #1237
Keruval
Super Poster

Keruval is on a distinguished road
Having been very short-sighted for as far back as I can remember, and now with a cataract in the right eye which is could be operated on but carries other risks, I really do empathise with your eye problems.
I hope there is some improvement even if it takes some time.
I think losing my sight has been a major fear for me for many years and I sometimes think about how I could follow my interests in that case.

Keruval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 02:10 PM   #1238
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

I know what you mean Rodsay. I've had glasses since first grade and can not function without them or contact lenses. I have to get the lightest grade of lenses for my glasses otherwise the glasses are so thick they are very heavy to wear. Even with the "featherweight" lenses, the glass is very thick and they will polish down the edges to lighten them more. I too wonder what I could do without my sight. Everything i do hobby wise is sight oriented. Beading, artwork, computers, books and so on. It's really scary to contemplate.

Old 09-30-2019, 01:28 PM   #1239
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Well it looks like it's time for a new car for me this time. Oh no major breakage on the olde Saturn, but there's several minor annoyances on it now and so I guess Ill go car shopping today. I have always liked the Kia Soul (Wolfie hates its looks) and so will no doubt go with that. The Soul got a #1 in best new sub compact so guess it's a decent choice. I just hate all the stuff that goes with buying a car.

Old 10-01-2019, 01:41 PM   #1240
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Yep New Kia Soul is in the garage. She is a white with black interior model. (her name is Pearl Brite Soul) Will get some pix and post on facebook. I got the basic model to avoid all the new innovative extras that Id never use. Still has a bunch of stuff on it that Ill never use or figure out. Sadly the Kia doesnt come with a cd player. I guess they figure everyone now uses their phone or an ipod for musical needs. I must be way behind the times. The fellows taking in my trade had a jaw dropping time figuring out the milage on my olde Saturn. He just turned over 50k miles which for a car made in 2003 is crazy low. I dont drive much, maybe a few miles in a week. No long driving vacations or such and no daily drives to work. They couldnt believe the number on the Saturn and thought the odometer had been turned over and did all sorts of tests on it which proved that 50k was really the true milage. I laughed.

Old 10-05-2019, 08:34 AM   #1241
Mary
Cool Super Poster

Mary is on a distinguished road
Hi Everyone, my Dad died yesterday. He was 100 as you all know. He was ill since Sunday and in hospital with a chest infection, and was pretty well by Wednesday, sitting out and chatting away. But he declined all day Thursday and we were considering bringing him home on Friday. But before we could put plans in place, he died peacefully in his sleep Friday morning. My 2 sisters were with him, which was great. So he lived a very long and good life and we had great fun last May celebrating his 100th birthday. All will be well.

Playing Runescape since 24 April 2004. Member since 01 Aug 2004.
Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 01:56 PM   #1242
Keruval
Super Poster

Mary, our condolences, I think the family has had a few frights over his health in recent years but, as you say, he lived a long and good life and you have many happy memories.
A cousin of mine, a few years younger than myself, recently died the day after his 71st birthday, again well loved and respected. He had open heart surgery and a colostomy over 30 years ago so always counted himself on borrowed time. His twin sister feels she has lost the other half of herself.
Chris and I have tried to take the very realistic view that one of us will be left alone some time in the future and have tried to put in place legal and financial actions that will make this easier on the survivor.

Old 10-06-2019, 10:02 AM   #1243
Cosmic Dancer
Really Mega Poster

I'm really sorry to hear of your loss, Mary.

Old 10-06-2019, 12:21 PM   #1244
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Oh so sorry to hear of your loss, Mary. Your Dad really lived a long time, 100 is a big milestone to make it to. I am sure he will be missed and remembered.

Old 10-06-2019, 07:03 PM   #1245
Victoria
Super Moderator

Victoria is on a distinguished road
So sorry about your Dad Mary, it's hard when parents die. But a good life and a peaceful death is something to be grateful for.

Played since Feb 2004, member since May 2004
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:43 AM   #1246
Moelisa
Stalker of Wolves (Well one anyway.)

Moelisa is on a distinguished road
I am sorry to hear that, Mary, it is sad. My sympathies.

Moelisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:50 PM   #1247
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Well, my new car made it to 1 week birthday without getting scratched. I am so paranoid about getting that first scratch or ding in her. People here are very careless in opening car doors when they are next to you in the parking lot, that sooner or later you get that awful first scratch. I dread the day. Still am unsure what all the stuff in the car is for. I really need to do more research on what the knobs and buttons are for.

I keep adding more games to my play list and keep saying I need to cut down. I am playing less time but just cant stop looking at those interesting games I see. Aside from Runescape I play and love Idle Heroes. Not sure why they are idle as they keep adventuring even when I am not playing. The actual "gist" of the game is getting more heroes and combining them to make bigger and stronger heroes, not adventuring or killing stuff. I seem to be really good at it. I think skills in organization really help there. Then there's Guild of Heroes my newest game. You adventure in this one but it also features a lot of combining to make armor and weapons bigger and better. Walking Dead No mans Land is running your group of heroes from the TV show thru areas and killing zombies. Last but not least Knights and Brides a fairytale land you play in collecting stuff to clutter up your estate with. I recently trashed Vikings War of Clans. Got tired of coming back to my town and finding everyone dead, killed by some PKer that was 50 levels higher than me. Also Tentlan a Mayan society based game quit for the same reason. I truely hate games where you cant opt out of being killed and raided by other players.

Old 10-11-2019, 02:32 AM   #1248
Victoria
Super Moderator

I'm sticking with Runescape and Knights and Brides, I seem to spend equal time in each game. I have two players in K&B, and they help each other with stuff . There is no just standing there skilling with it, and no fighting, so it keeps me amused

Old 10-11-2019, 05:42 AM   #1249
Moelisa

Ah the joys of being retired I have Runescape, and play two, occasionally three games on fb, which take maybe 30-40 minutes. Sometimes I just log onto those to get the daily bonus thingy, but don't play them. The days are too short to cram everything into them that I want to do!

Old 10-17-2019, 02:41 PM   #1250
Keruval
Super Poster

Mini rant!!!!
Those of us in the UK, who is 'prepared' for Brexit?
I am now resigned to it but will never be content with the decision, the absolute farce it has all been.
One of my preparations is supplies for the cats. Try explaining to your pets why they can't have their usual food etc, but medicines etc should take priority if there is a transport problem, although (cynic that I am) it is more likely to be the food and wine for the parliament restaurants.
I normally keep about a month's stock of food and household products but have gradually increased this for things we use that are not quite standard/popular. Not quite 'doom' prepping, but hope to minimise the inevitable inconvenience.
I find the whole situation depressing and exasperating and a whole raft of other negative reactions.

Old 10-18-2019, 05:43 AM   #1251
Moelisa

I sincerely hope it won't get as bad as it could...

Old 10-20-2019, 12:41 PM   #1252
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Here's hoping that it (Brexit) wont be as bad as feared. Hadnt really rhought much of those types of implications of Brexit. Will European countries not sell to your country because of it? Not sure I much understand the whole thing. Sure hope it wont be too painful.

Ah Fall, the advent of dry eye and misery for me. Have cut computer time down ever further to help with the misery of my burning itching eyes. Bad enough I cant see well out of the one and now this misery with both.

Old 10-21-2019, 02:09 PM   #1253
Keruval
Super Poster

Tanje - while in the EU we have freedom of movement, not only for people but of commercial transport system too, tariff free trade etc, Immediately we leave, without a specific agreement, all goods entering or leaving the UK, theoretically, become subject to full customs checks, tariffs etc. This means delays while paperwork and maybe lorry contents themselves are checked, doesn't take much of that to cause massive traffic delays, perishable goods perishing etc. A lot of our regular medicines are imported, that is one of the most worrying situations; although the standards 'should' remain the same there are legal procedures that will have to be followed. It is a nightmare for businesses who currently trade freely with EU countries.

In other news: I have just returned from the dentist, having had my complex and very expensive implant of last year removed as the bone holding the 'spike' disintegrated around it. Anaesthetics not yet worn off, biting on a wad of gauze to stop bleeding, kind of in suspension waiting for reaction to set in, was advised to eat early in the day, and did, as probably won't be able to for rest of day (is about 3pm)

Old 10-24-2019, 05:00 PM   #1254
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Oh Keruval that is awful about the dental implant. I hope you will be feeling better soon. Did they have any idea why that happened? Id thought the implants were supposed to strengthen the bone.

Old 11-20-2019, 06:42 AM   #1255
Moelisa

Sadly, last week the mother of my friend Monika died, I still had lots of contact with "Mama Mees", as I called her, even after Monika ditched our friendship a few years ago. As she died alone in her house, her body needs to be examined by the police, and the family have to wait for them to release it, with hopefully happens today; she assumes the funeral will be held on Monday.
Today would have been Dad's birthday.
I am not in a happy place at the moment.

Old 11-22-2019, 05:42 PM   #1256
Cosmic Dancer
Really Mega Poster

Sending hugs to all who need them.

Old 11-25-2019, 01:06 PM   #1257
Moelisa

I did and I took one of them, thanks Cosmic Dancer Funeral was indeed today, and I took a few hours off work to attend; Mama Mees' son Klaus, who is very involved with the Catholic church and actually works as a Lay Pastor, did the eulogy and the service - and he did a great job. Still, I am relieved it's over.

Old 11-25-2019, 03:01 PM   #1258
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Seems I managed to get the flu or a very bad cold just in time for Thanksgiving. Was looking up symptoms to see which it might be but had little luck everything seems to be put out by a company that makes medicines for them. Yesterday evening I crawled into bed at 430pm. Just couldnt stay upright any longer. Got up at my usual 630 am and not much improvement in my symptoms. Cant see that Ill be playing much Runescape as I just dont care and all I want to do is just sit in my chair with my eyes closed. Ah well....

Old 11-25-2019, 08:12 PM   #1259
Victoria
Super Moderator

I've been away for the weekend at my sister's place up in Auckland, and the other sister came up from Wellington to celebrate birthdays, it was a lovely weekend . I'm sorry about the sad news, and the ill news and hope everything picks up for you (((hugs)))

Old 11-28-2019, 02:49 PM   #1260
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Happy Thanksgiving to all even if you dont celebrate it in your area.
My turkey was all cooked yesterday so today all I need do is disassemble it and return to a warm oven to heat it up. Dressing is made too so that will go in to be rewarmed. Then all I need do is the veggies, mashed potatoes and gravy. Since it is just me and Wolfie and we eat in front of the TV there are no frills to Thanksgiving dinner for us. Hope all the food will be good and we are topping it off with a pumpkin cream pie as well.