Random Gallery Image

Recent Gallery Image

Go Back   Wolfegar Forums > General > Games and Silly Stuff

Notices

Old 04-22-2020, 11:27 PM   #1321
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Tanje is on a distinguished road
Well, taking the cats to the Vet during a pandemic sure is interesting. It was a "no contact" visit for me anyway. I waited in my car and they came and got them.... I had written out what problems Larz was having, not eating his soft food, kinda acting "off" his usual self etc. Hoped for the best. Took forever but they delivered the boys back to me, took my credit card and then returned it with the vet coming out to talk to me (we both wore masks) Sigh life is so difficult now. Larz had a whole whopping bunch of labwork ($500). Will know more in a day or so what age related kitty thing is working on him. Both cats are 12 years old this year so I know I will have to say bye bye to them someday soon. Just hope Larz can stick it out another year or so. Not ready to lose him yet.

Tanje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 02:46 PM   #1322
Keruval
Super Poster

Keruval is on a distinguished road
Hope Larz is now recovering, I didn't realise how old they were, think you adopted them as youngish adults? At that age it might be kidney (thinking of my earlier cats) but not eating would suggest dental problems; Could you liquidise his food so he can almost drink it?
Audrey will be 15 in the Summer and with other things happening in my life, has not had her annual shots for a few years now, but since she is mainly an indoor cat we just have to hope she is OK. We had Draco's shots brought up to date when he had that episode last November; thank goodness he recovered from that but without us ever knowing what was wrong

Keruval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 01:25 PM   #1323
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Larz is not much better and still waiting to hear about the labwork done on him. I suppose Id best get ready to lose him. Vet is supposed to call later today so will add more to this later.

OK so mystery of mysteries. All Larz labs came out normal for a 12 year old cat. No kidney disease, diabetes or other such thing that plagues older cats... Vet is unsure what is causing his not eating soft food and sporadic lethargy. He is perky today but still refuses the soft food. He will eat treats and does eat the kibble, small bits at a time. They checked his teeth and said all looked ok there. If it was teeth he probably wouldnt be eating crunchy treats or kibble. Guess Ill just "carry on" as usual and hope he doesnt lose more weight. Maybe he got a virus or something, who knows?

Last edited by Tanje; 04-28-2020 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:52 AM   #1324
Cosmic Dancer
Really Mega Poster

Cosmic Dancer is on a distinguished road
How odd about Larz. Hopefully if it is a virus he can fight it off and recover, even if that doesn't always feel likely currently. Sending hugs your way, Tanje.

Joined F2P March 2006 & P2P July 2007
Cosmic Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 01:22 PM   #1325
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Strange indeed about Larz. Old age I guess. He is back to his old perky self now but still refuses the soft food most of the time.

As for me, I went to the eye doctor yesterday. The usual pictures of the eye and such, no shot as he says the macula is neither swollen or bleeding anymore. Still have the small "smear" in my id vision of that eye. I asked about the rest of the vision in that eye as it has deteriorated. I have a cataract there, been there for years. Seems it now is getting worse and Ill need to get it taken care of. LOVELY!

Old 05-03-2020, 09:09 AM   #1326
Mary
Cool Super Poster

Mary is on a distinguished road
Cataract surgery seems very common these days. My dads vision improved greatly after he had his done, but that was after several doctors put off doing anything due to his age and the fact he was on blood thinners. Final guy had no issues and it all went well.

I suppose they wont do any surgery until after the pandemic?

Playing Runescape since 24 April 2004. Member since 01 Aug 2004.
Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 12:02 PM   #1327
Keruval
Super Poster

Keruval is on a distinguished road
Mary, I had the same problem when I was referred for a recently detected cataract which was more severe than the slow growing one of several years. I am very short-sighted (something like -16 and -22). Basically he didn't want to to do it, based on my ages, the shape of my eyeball, risk of detached retina etc. With a noticeable deterioration in my sight I am now considering pushing to have it done when all this is over.

Keruval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 01:42 PM   #1328
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Keruval, sounds like you and I have pretty much the same problem with sight. Years ago I went for a Lasix evaluation. The doctor told me my eyes were far too bad (in the shape/elongation) to even try to do it. Wondering if cataract surgery would be the same.

Old 06-03-2020, 01:52 PM   #1329
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

New gas range arrived yesterday evening. I guess I should have been more thorough in looking at what I was buying... Its lovely but I hadnt realized that ovens were made with no way to adjust the baking temperature...... Guess I am behind the times. So everything has to be baked at 350 degrees now. Seems you can get a small permanent change of either 35 higher or lower..... but that really is nuts. Well most of my cookie recipes say bake at 350. Doing bagels today which are supposed to be baked at 375. Will see how they do at 350 I guess. I just never thought anyone made an oven with only one temperature! (so of course I didnt ask about it)

Old 06-03-2020, 04:28 PM   #1330
Mary
Cool Super Poster

Mary is on a distinguished road
Ah so frustrating Tanje, it reminds me of when i got a washing machine. No instructions at all, and no one in the store could explain to me how it worked.

Or when i bought a fridge that was too wide to fit through the door. We had to send it back, and when I went back to the store to get a different one I discovered a booklet of instructions that said the doors could be removed which no one knew about at all. So I am not surprised that all you get is one temperature, but it is super fustrating.

Playing Runescape since 24 April 2004. Member since 01 Aug 2004.
Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 07:36 PM   #1331
Cosmic Dancer
Really Mega Poster

Cosmic Dancer is on a distinguished road
That sounds very frustrating, Tanje. I wouldn't have thought to check for that either. We have a gas cooker, and while most things are cooked at about gas mark 6, we can need to go as low as 4 or up to 8 or even 9 occasionally. I have no idea what temperatures these values mean, but maybe GM6 is around the 350F that your oven seems to think most things must need.

Joined F2P March 2006 & P2P July 2007
Cosmic Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 10:06 PM   #1332
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Finally after friends help on Facebook and Wolfie printing out a different operating manual I figured out how to set the temperature on the new oven. Not sure why they didnt have it easily findable and not in the short instructions we got with the oven. I did bake my bagels (at 350 not 375) and they turned out OK so no loss. Just glad that now I know how to set the temperature for other stuff. Now what to make next....pie? cookies? cake?

Old 06-16-2020, 04:45 PM   #1333
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

OMG Trump is on TV and giving a speech about Police reform....well yeh thats what he is supposed to be doing but he is rambling on about this and that in his droning manner....sigh! He cant seem to keep on topic...

But actually I just wanted to post my experiences about going to the doctor today, Dermatologist. They had a big stop sign at the entry and had the room blocked off. Of course I had to wear a mask and in my muffled voice yelled across the room to the receptionist who I was. Another assistant came to the room and said she could take me in to a room. I had to search for the path to get to her between the chairs and stop sign as we giggled about it thru our masks. Got to the room and got my "gown" for the exam. (full body suspicious mole search done every 6 months) Wasnt any wait for the Dr so they must have really trimmed their visits. Usually its a 30-60 minute wait. (yes that pisses me off but I really like this Dermatologist) Nothing found to slice off, (yay) and as usual I had the things on my face and nose (AKs) treated with the liquid nitrogen/frozen. Will be back in 6 months to repeat the drill.

Last edited by Tanje; 06-16-2020 at 04:56 PM.