Random Gallery Image

Recent Gallery Image

Go Back   Wolfegar Forums > General > Games and Silly Stuff

Notices

Old 02-10-2019, 10:48 PM   #1051
Mary
Cool Super Poster

Mary is on a distinguished road
Oh gosh Tanje sounds horrible, so much clearing up. I thought the sump pump looked after it all but we don't have basements here in Ireland (I would love one) so I not sure what happened to yours.

Playing Runescape since 24 April 2004. Member since 01 Aug 2004.
Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:32 AM   #1052
Moelisa
Stalker of Wolves (Well one anyway.)

Moelisa is on a distinguished road
That will be a lot of dirty and wet work, Tanje, so sorry to hear that. Hope you and Wolfie will get this sorted out soon, and that you can find and fix whatever caused it.

Mary, I love the sport as such, and the water gymnastic is great; the exercises so far have been really simple things, like standing in the water (neck deep and awfully warm), raise your leg up front with bent knee, and clap your hands under the bent knee in front of you - all this of course under the water and against the water resistance. It's fun. Actually, I find both sports could be very addictive.

Moelisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:24 PM   #1053
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Tanje is on a distinguished road
Weekend spent cleaning out basement stuff that was damaged by water. Wolfie is home today and will be tomorrow to continue the task. Neither of us is really physically able to do this sort of thing but we have no choice. Plumber called just awhile ago and is coming sometime later today to see. What do I think it is? A blockage somewhere in the drainage tiles that funnel water into the sump pit. Cause? Ill bet its either ice or roots from the shrubs I planted years ago. Will see what the plumber says and Ill let you know. In any case I am NOT replacing the carpeting. Not sure what Ill do for the flooring down there. Perhaps Ill just have it painted and use scatter rugs. In any case floor storage is not gonna happen here again.

Tanje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:38 PM   #1054
Victoria
Super Moderator

Victoria is on a distinguished road
What an awful job Tanje, and I suppose it smells awful too I hope they can find the cause and get it sorted.

Played since Feb 2004, member since May 2004
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:51 PM   #1055
Cosmic Dancer
Really Mega Poster

Cosmic Dancer is on a distinguished road
I am so sorry to hear about this, Ntaje. If there are concrete floors underneath just painting them and adding rugs could work well. I know over here some people have polished concrete floors, but I think they are laid with that in mind. Putting rugs over it which can be thoroughly washed if needed then makes good sense. I'm not sure I'd ever have considered on the floor storage a good idea in a basement.

I'm glad you are enjoying your new exercises, Moelisa.

Joined F2P March 2006 & P2P July 2007
Cosmic Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:59 AM   #1056
Moelisa

Hope they find what's wrong very soon, Tanje, and get it sorted quickly, and not too costly for you. Roots and pipes don't go well together, I remember when I worked in the JHQ, the ladies toilets there were blocked at least once a month because the roots of the trees blocked the pipes. We had to live with that for years until some budget manager finally granted finance for the pipes to be replaced!
Cosmic Dancer, yes, I do enjoy the exercises - I find sport of this kind very addictive. Yesterday, we did trampoline exercises, that was fun. What I really like is that the instructor gives you the choice of easy, medium and really hard, at least she did for the last two lessons. The exercises before were fun, but not really a challenge for me due to my regular Tai Chi, in respect of "feeling" the stretching, or working on balance.

Old 02-12-2019, 01:51 PM   #1057
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Well it seems finding the cause of this may be more of a problem. Of course the plumber found that we did need the battery replaced on the backup pump in case electricity goes out. Since the other pump was over 5 years old we are getting that replaced as well. Of course we had a snowstorm last night and the idiots plowed the driveway at quarter to 4AM before the storm was done so now we need to get the drive plowed again. Had a horrible night last night with only 3 hours sleep. My brain was working overtime when I woke up at midnight and wouldnt quit. Feel like crap this morning. Not happy.

Old 02-13-2019, 06:57 AM   #1058
Moelisa

couldn't have happened at a worse time, Tanje. Hope this gets sorted soon.

Old 02-13-2019, 03:08 PM   #1059
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Feeling better rested today (slept 9-5) and waiting on the plumbers who couldnt make it yesterday, thanks snow storm. I had to shovel the drifts this morning. Didnt need that. They are supposed to come today so I am looking for a clean out service for that carpeting... Wolfie went to work today. Not sure if he will stay the full day or what as he still has a lot of stuff to deal with downstairs. He is very slow.

Old 02-16-2019, 11:09 PM   #1060
Mary
Cool Super Poster

Mary is on a distinguished road
Gosh it sounds unending Tanje, bet both you and Wolfie can do without it all.

Playing Runescape since 24 April 2004. Member since 01 Aug 2004.
Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:46 AM   #1061
Moelisa

We haven't seen Tanje on here for over 10 days now - I hope everything is alright with her and Wolfie?

Old Today, 03:41 PM   #1062
Cosmic Dancer
Really Mega Poster

Cosmic Dancer is on a distinguished road
I share Moelisa's concern. Tanje disappearing from online life for so long is not normal, so I really hope her and Wolfie are ok. Sending them hugs in case they need them.

Joined F2P March 2006 & P2P July 2007
Cosmic Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote