Random Gallery Image

Recent Gallery Image

Go Back   Wolfegar Forums > General > Games and Silly Stuff

Notices

Old 04-07-2019, 12:18 PM   #1111
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Tanje is on a distinguished road
Wow thanks for all the explaining on those terms. We have nothing like that here, closest is the emissions test which just makes sure the car isnt spewing poisons or such to the environment.
Never have "ordered" a new car, always just go to the dealer and buy one they have on the lot. They always seem to have hundreds of cars to choose from and Im not picky about colors and usually dont want a lot of options on a car.

Tomorrow the basement fix guys are due. Not sure what time, I can call after 8 am to find out. Will be happy to get that over with. Also will have the taxes to pick up some time next week and get the payment for that sorted out and mailed off. I will be even happier to get that done. I really hate paying taxes. Then of course the real estate taxes will come due and Ill have to sort and pay that.....never ends.

Tanje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 05:53 AM   #1112
Moelisa
Stalker of Wolves (Well one anyway.)

Moelisa is on a distinguished road
Yay Congrats Cosmic Dancer *bouncy* - enjoy the new car, it's a great feeling, and nothing beats the smell

Tanje, then let me explain the German equivalent as well (hehehe), called the TUEV, which stands for what means Technical Monitoring Corporation; they check everything in a car that might affect its roadworthyness, and will refuse you the sticker if they find something, at least until you've got it repaired. Again, your car needs to have insurance before any dealer will give it to you, and for that, you need to prove it's roadworthy; the tax office will get the information automatically when your car is registered with the German Traffic Office to get its number plates.
All very complicated and expensive

Moelisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 01:29 PM   #1113
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Sure seems that you all over there are way more concerned with the safety of the cars on your roads than we are. Perhaps the US should check more than emissions.

Well basement fix yesterday went well. We were the first on the list for the day and the fellow arrived after 9 AM. He had 2 cracks to fix, one of which needed the part of the wall removed. The cracks ran all the way from top to bottom of the wall and after 3 hours of work, they are finally sealed up. We decided to wait to replace the wall until after a rain to make sure no more water will get in. Also to give the wood part of the wall time to dry out more. So in a week or so we will call them to come and finish up. Seems like I have been dealing with this forever......

Also went out yesterday to pick up the finished taxes so today I will return with the signatures so they can be sent and the payments to be mailed. Ugh glad that is finished, next will be the real estate taxes to worry about.

Last edited by Tanje; 04-10-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:48 AM   #1114
Moelisa

Tanje, some of the cars in US we see on TV would not be allowed here in Germany, not because they're rusty or have faults, but because of add-ons or big huuuge wheels etc. people put on them.
Fingers crossed about your wall, hope they found and repaired all the cracks.
Here April in the meantime is showing its typical characteristics, in that it can be warm and then freezing cold the next day, on Saturday we had sunshine in the morning and close to two-digit temperatures, in the afternoon it was 1 C and snowing (still with the sun shining though ) This week is supposed to get warmer and around 20 C by the end of the week, at least in time for the Easter weekend. We'll see.

Old 04-16-2019, 05:54 AM   #1115
Moelisa

Still shocked by Notre Dame de Paris being in flames! Paris is only a few hours away from where I live, and as I had friends there, we visited each other regularly. Notre Dame was one of my favourite sights in this city, and I think one of the few sights everyone in the world knew or had heard of (like Empire State Building!)
The fires have been extinguished, thank God, but Paris is hurting.

Old 04-16-2019, 01:34 PM   #1116
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

*Cries tears for Paris* The photos we got here were awful! All those flames and smoke. OMG. Never been to Paris or much of anywhere in Europe, but to have that destruction in such an old and beloved landmark anywhere is awful.

Well Sundays snow (not sure how much we actually got, 4-5 inches of very wet snow most likely) has now almost melted. Yesterday I went out to visit my friend Rose and decided to push what I could off the driveway so it would melt faster. Last effort of the season I hope. Was very slushy underneath as some of the first snow was almost rain. The temps were around freezing so with the warmer ground the stuff was very messy. Roads were clear and dry so no problems there.

Had a lovely visit with Rose (one of my friends from High school) we talked and she made sandwiches for our lunch. I should visit her more as she isnt too far from me, but getting me out of the house is difficult. I am such a hermit.

Old 04-16-2019, 08:25 PM   #1117
Victoria
Super Moderator

Victoria is on a distinguished road
So sad about Notre Dame, and to watch it happening .

Nice to have a visit from an old friend Tanje, someone who has known you forever.

Getting much colder at nights here, I put my duvet back on the bed yesterday, very snuggly, from a summer using just a sheet at night (mostly to discourage mossies).

Played since Feb 2004, member since May 2004
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:47 AM   #1118
Moelisa

Good to have friends like that, Tanje, and worth making the effort.
Victoria our days/nights are actually getting warmer, so next time I wash my bedstuff, I was actually planning to just let the winter duvet on (not the combination I of summer and winter I have at the moment because I am always cold ).
We have everything outside exploding here (or already exploded and in full bloom), and the early ones like Japanese cherry trees and Magnolias are just stunning. I love spring.

Old 04-17-2019, 01:15 PM   #1119
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Well I am beginning to feel like I live in a sieve. Went downstairs to check the fixed wall parts in the basement... all were dry... BUT! I spy a wet spot at the wall base a foot from the fix in the "computer room". I really can not take much more of this. I am so reluctant to call again for this. Another wall panel to rip out and the one that was ripped out is yet to be fixed! What is with this house? Ill deal with it next week, I need some time........

Old 04-17-2019, 07:17 PM   #1120
Cosmic Dancer
Really Mega Poster

Cosmic Dancer is on a distinguished road
It really was awful seeing flames up in the roof of Notre Dame. I've been more relieved since seeing photos post fire as it doesn't look as utterly destroyed as I'd feared the other night.

Oh dear Tanje. I had been wondering if the basement was sorted and was sure melting snow would help you know. So sorry it still doesn't appear to be fixed.

We are now at about the time for switching from our winter duvet (which may be too thin for Moelisa in summer ) to the lightest available summer duvet.

Joined F2P March 2006 & P2P July 2007
Cosmic Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:47 AM   #1121
Moelisa

Awww no Tanje, that's terrible. If you ring them now, they surely won't come before Easter, so you have at least the holidays (but an appointment to sort it out). The only little positive thing I can see is that as the other wall hasn't been fixed yet, they can do that in one go.

Old 04-18-2019, 01:00 PM   #1122
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

I am just so tired and disgusted with this basement leak thing. How many hidden cracks does this wall have? It seems to be a small one as we did have some rain and there isnt mush water, just a small dampness appearing at the wall and floor joint. Will call after the weekend.

What are we all cooking for Easter? I have some ham and scalloped potatoes planned. Since its just the 2 of us I dont bother to make the usual spread of things. Heck we dont even eat at a table but go downstairs (to the wrecked basement) to eat in front of the big TV. I sure miss the family dinners I had as a kid with parents and aunt, uncle and cousins.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:09 AM   #1123
granath
Cool Poster

granath is on a distinguished road
Oh no, I hope you get the leaks fixed after the holidays. Dry rot would be a nasty thing in the house. Both my dad and my MIL had to retire early because their respective workplaces got dry rot.

We're having our main Easter dinner on Monday with my parents, probably something with mutton, a traditional Easter dish here. And of course, no Easter would be complete without Mämmi (English wikipedia link). We always buy the traditional version without molasses if we can get it.

granath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM   #1124
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Never heard of mammi but looked it up and dont think Ill try the recipe. I would taste it if it was available. Interesting!

We are having ham, scalloped potatoes and asparagus for Easter dinner. Guess thats typical for Easter here. Its what we always had when I was a child and since the stores seem to sell lots of ham around Easter time I guess its usual. In any case I like ham. I like lamb too. Any sort of lamb is not easy to find here, so guess we dont cook much of it. Too bad as I love lamb and often wish I could make it more often.

Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM   #1125
Mayhem
First Strykewyrm Slayer Assignment

Mayhem is on a distinguished road
nO EASTER DINNER HERE, WAS GOING TO DO A BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY DINNER AFTER A WEEKEND AT WORK BUT WE'RE SPENT UP and that's that! Living within our means and all that.

Also, caps lock and I'm too tired to fix it...

Hope everyone had a great day today!

Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote