Wolfegar Forums
Random Gallery Image

Recent Gallery Image

Go Back   Wolfegar Forums > General > Movie, Television, Book and other Entertainment Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 01:46 AM   #1
Wolfegar
The Wonderful Wizard, Wolfegar, The Werewolf

Wolfegar will become famous soon enoughWolfegar will become famous soon enough
Survivor: Tocantins

Survivor: Tocantins from the old board.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:54 PM   #2
Wolfegar

It is:

Survivor Thursday!
Old 05-05-2009, 06:01 AM   #3
Kugai
Cool Poster

Kugai is on a distinguished road
It is

A Useless Waste Of Airtime

Sorry, not a fan of stupid shows like Survivor, Fear Factor et al.

JAMES THE KUGAI

You can NEVER have too much Coffee
Homepage
Free Babylon 5
Free Babylon 5 Webpage
Old 05-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Tanje is on a distinguished road
Golly, guess I am not used to people on this board knocking other peoples likes/interests. Why post to say you dont like the topic and its stupid? My Grandma always said if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing.

In any case, I was sad to see Sierra get voted off and not Coach. I sure hope they can get rid of him next time. Steven (is that his name?) is turning out to be quite the player. Though he is not strong physically he seems to be really good at the other aspects.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:13 AM   #5
Mausey
More Super Poster

Mausey is on a distinguished road
Ack!!! I must have missed a week. *faint* I didn't see Sierra get voted off. Must go and find the site and catch up.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:06 AM   #6
Kugai
Cool Poster

Kugai is on a distinguished road
Sorry about that, I had my Uglymood Hat on last night.

It's just that I feel the damned series has been done to death.

JAMES THE KUGAI

You can NEVER have too much Coffee
Homepage
Free Babylon 5
Free Babylon 5 Webpage
Old 05-06-2009, 07:42 AM   #7
Wolfegar

Maybe it has and maybe it hasn't. But there are those of us who enjoy the show and don't appreciate negative comments.

This is one of those kinds of threads that non-fans should really not bother with. If you have a show you are a fan of and think others here may enjoy, then you can start a thread about that.

And that should end the off-topic-ness. Fans of Survivor, discuss.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #8
Mausey
More Super Poster

I know there's a couple here who don't watch the show until later, so all I can say is ..... Soooo close.

I tracked down a bunch sites to see what happened and some of them were hilarious. In one Sierra does a narration of the show and tells you what she was thinking at the time. And coach, ewwwww, what's with the "dragon boyfriend" thing he said when he wrote Sierra's name down. Gave me a case of the colly wobbles when I saw that.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:40 PM   #9
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Well another one bites the dust! This time Debby spelled her own doom by playing the game a bit too obviously. The boys got scared and voted her out. They should have gotten rid of Coach!!!!!!
I loved that comment Jeff Probst made at tribal about Coaches stories/tall tales. Wonder about Coach, has he really had those "interesting" adventures he talks about? Captured by cannibals and all?????

Old 05-14-2009, 08:13 PM   #10
Mausey
More Super Poster

Have you been watching the promos for this week? What do you think, really owie or just a lot of drama? I don't like the man, but I hope he's not injured seriously (if he's really damaged that is).
Old 05-14-2009, 09:54 PM   #11
Wolfegar

At the moment I'm thinking, "Drama queen," but I'll have to wait until supper time tomorrow to watch it. (I'll be going to bed around the time it comes on tonight.)

Old 05-15-2009, 09:48 PM   #12
Mausey
More Super Poster

Well ... have you watched it yet? And don't forget, Sunday is the big wind-up and we see who goes home with the cash.

Last edited by Mausey; 05-18-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:02 AM   #13
Wolfegar

Just watched Coach get voted out. Watching the last bit.

Okay, so if Coach has asthma, how come we're only finding out about it now?

Old 05-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #14
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Coach acts so much like many of the "SciFi Fans" I have known. So much of what they said and the way they acted was BS and ditto for Coach. Self important and makes sure you know whatever they are doing is so valuable because of some handicap they are working around. Very much the martyr or the "enlightened" individual attitute. Perhaps I am being harsh, but glad they voted him out. Didnt like him at all and did you notice he didnt want the medics to help him? Yeah right, believe me I've had muscle spasms in my back and a medic would have been gladly recieved if offered. He supposedly has ruptured discs? Yeah right......

Old 05-16-2009, 04:23 PM   #15
Mausey
More Super Poster

Major drama queen as far as I'm concerned. Now Stephen did say that Coach had mentioned asthma before but get real. Why would it act up more because he's by himself at exhile? Can't be stress or he'd have been dead after some of the "adventures" he says he's had. I think the other tribe members are right, Coach can't start a fire or catch a fish or do any of the other things it takes to survive.

I'm going to see if I can find any of the Ponderosa footage with him in it. I did notice the jury seemed pleased he was out of the running for the million. At the moment, I'm leaning towards TJ for the big money, he seems to have played a good game. I do like Taj and Stephen as well. Erin while nice enough just doesn't make my list of who I want to win. :shrugs:

Old 05-16-2009, 10:06 PM   #16
Wolfegar

Yeah, I think T.J. as the winner would be good. Though, I wouldn't mind if Taj or Steven won.

Old 05-17-2009, 02:31 PM   #17
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Anyone but Erinn as a winner is fine with me, JT is my first, Stephen second with Taj third choice. We will find out tonight! Happily Wolfie is off tomorrow so he will be up and we can watch together. Its always better/more fun to be able to do it that way.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:02 PM   #18
Wolfegar

It is:

Survivor Finale Sunday!

And don't forget the reunion show afterward.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:01 PM   #19
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Happy Dance! I was so worried while we watched that final show, but my guy JT pulled it off and he got all the votes. Just shows you nice guys do sometimes finish first! Hooray! I do think Steven really flubbed his chance at the final council with his speech and answers to the questions, I was so disappointed in him not staying true to his alliance. Was disappointed that they didnt take Taj to the final 3 as well. I felt that Erin might just win immunity and take Steven with her. Taj was a better choice to beat in any challenge. Just glad JT won in the end. Next stop, Samoa!

Old 05-18-2009, 08:54 PM   #20
Mausey
More Super Poster

I was away Sunday and knew I wouldn't be able to watch so I carefully set the timer ... for 2 hours. :headbang: Settled myself in with a blanket to watch, saw Taj get voted off, then TJ wins and chooses Stephen and away goes Erinn. Tribal council and all the speeches, then the vote, Jeff leaves with the urn and the votes. Pop into New York live, Jeff reaches into the pot and my timer kicked off. So ensued a frantic internet search, the official CBS site tells me the show is not available in my area. Nooooo, off to YouTube and there it was, in 4 parts.

T.J. wins and he and Stephen are still friends. I even managed to find some red carpet interviews after. TJ is quite the actor. When Stephen said he most likely would have taken Erinn to the final 2 and TJ looked so devestated. Turns out it was a play for sympathy from the jury. Stephen said as soon at the lights were out and they quit filming, TJ was laughing and joking.

While Coach might be full of hot air, he did take a lie dector test and he was indeed captured on a trip down the Amazon. I think I caught him in a fib though. He said (in a different interview) that 24 hours after being voted off he flew to New York for a symphony. He's the conductor and he walked in with his staff, unshaven etc. No way it was 24 hours, he was on the jury and he was all cleaned up for that. So any scruffiness he had, he did after he voted who got the million. Besides, CBS isn't letting anybody give away info on who was voted off and having a contestant show up definitely gives it away.

Closed Thread