Wolfegar Forums
Random Gallery Image

Recent Gallery Image

Go Back   Wolfegar Forums > General > Movie, Television, Book and other Entertainment Discussions

Notices

Old 05-16-2010, 01:50 PM   #31
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Tanje is on a distinguished road
Bye Bye Rupert! Well the final show is tonight. I will watch it a bit. However I am also playing on the laptop and the tv volume is turned down way below my hearing abilities (thanks rock concerts), so I cant really follow it. I too am torn about who I would like to win. Sandra is my real favorite, but I secretly hope that Russell will win. (I dont think he will) Although I really can NOT stand his attitude, he is such a strong player. However it isnt always this that wins the prize. Diplomacy plays such a big part in it all too and Russell has none of that. Well we shall see what the rest of the tribe thinks.....TONIGHT!

Tanje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:39 AM   #32
Wolfegar
The Wonderful Wizard, Wolfegar, The Werewolf

Wolfegar will become famous soon enoughWolfegar will become famous soon enough
Since I went to bed before Survivor came on on Sunday night, we watched it last night. We followed that up with the reunion show. I'm glad that Sandra won, although if Parvati won I woudn't be upset.

I thought it was funny that Sandra burned Russell's hat and during the reunion show he gave her kudos for the act because he said that strategically it could have unsettled him a bit for the tribal council later.

Russell doesn't seem to get it that Survivor is a social game. He was saying how Sandra's social game was crap but so was his. He only kept people around as long as they were useful to him. He got the $100,000 prize from whatever the phone company was that was sponsering the show. So, I'm sure he thinks that justifies his game play.

Wolfegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #33
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Oh I cant believe that my gal Sandra won! Yippie! Also that she is the only person who has ever won twice! Good for her! But Russell is so clueless about his gameplay. He plays to get into the final 3, but that will never win it for him without the social part of the game. He makes so many enemies along the way, that his brilliant moves and sneaky plays cant overcome peoples disgust with him. He is fun to watch in the game, but not someone I'd want on my team at all. Laughed so hard at Sandra burning his hat!
For some reason I was so engrossed in playing on computer that I didnt watch or hear any of the show while it was on and being recorded. I went to bed during the reunion show, not knowing who won, only that I didnt think it was Russell. Monday mornings news clued me in that it was Sandra. You go girl!

Old 05-19-2010, 02:52 PM   #34
Mausey
More Super Poster

Mausey is on a distinguished road
I am sooooo glad Russell didn't win. It was a lot more fun watching him pout and complain about what's wrong with the game. Sandra did a good job, she stayed under the radar just enough that she wasn't seen as a threat. She also didn't play mean, she played sneaky but from what we saw she didn't lie just because she could.

I think Colby hit the nail with his comment about Russell. Russell plays to get into the top 3 but he doesn't play to win. It was also interesting when Colby mentioned they couldn't go diving or exploring and that had taken a lot of the fun out of it for him. I'm guessing they were in either a reserve of some sort or a more populated area. Thinking back, I don't remember many underwater shots and the show usually has a lot of those.

The kid noticed Jeff didn't announce if this was his last season or not. I thought I had seen that he was only doing 20 then moving on.

Mausey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:49 AM   #35
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Wow! It wouldnt be Survivor without Jeff! I bet he keeps on!