Wolfegar Forums
Random Gallery Image

Recent Gallery Image

Go Back   Wolfegar Forums > General > Movie, Television, Book and other Entertainment Discussions

Notices

Old 09-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
Wolfegar
The Wonderful Wizard, Wolfegar, The Werewolf

Wolfegar will become famous soon enoughWolfegar will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Book: Draconia: Forging Trust

I just finished reading the book, Draconia: Forging Trust written by F. J. Hansen. Some of you may know him as McClance over at the NKT.

The blurb from the back of the book, and from that link I posted:

"On the planet of Draconia, home to a dragon-like race, young Varthikes is unusually curious for his kind about the world around him and what lies beyond. When Audwin McClance, fresh out of Space Fleet Academy and holding a fascination for Earth's mythical dragons, arrives on a mission to Draconia, he and Varthikes are drawn to each other. As a misunderstanding sparks fear and distrust between humans and Draconians, a true friendship is forged. Together, Audwin and Varthikes fight against suspicion and greed from their respective worlds for a peaceful coexistence."

The book could have benefited from a more diligent editor, but wrong word choice (your instead you're) and stray words left in a sentence as if the author intended to write a passage one way and then changed his mind aside, I found the story entertaining and I recommend this for anyone who likes intelligent dragon stories and who also enjoyed The Dragonriders of Pern.

Wolfegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Tanje is on a distinguished road
I'll read that next. I am looking forward to it! Always like a good book about dragons.

Tanje is offline   Reply With Quote