Random Gallery Image

Recent Gallery Image

Go Back   Wolfegar Forums > General > Games and Silly Stuff

Notices

Old 07-06-2019, 01:30 PM   #1201
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Tanje is on a distinguished road
Bad weather seemed to pass without any rain here for the 4th. Was sweltering hot out there and I was very glad to get inside to the air conditioning. I really am not an outdoors person. I prefer to enjoy the summer green by looking out my windows. Today it is less humid but still warm with the temperatures in the upper 80's
Poor California seems to be getting all shook up this weekend. They just had another big earthquake, right after one on the 4th. This morning they are reporting them as a 6 and a 7. The pictures do tell it all with stuff flying off the shelves and smashing on the floor in stores and such. The pictures of the library with books knee deep in the aisles is really sad. Lots of clean up.

Tanje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 03:33 AM   #1202
Victoria
Super Moderator

Victoria is on a distinguished road
I've just got back from an unexpected trip to Wellington with my sister. My cousin's wife died suddenly (the poor thing choked to death at a dinner function ). It was nice to catch up with various family members though, and spend a few days with my remaining to sisters.

Played since Feb 2004, member since May 2004
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:57 AM   #1203
Moelisa
Stalker of Wolves (Well one anyway.)

Moelisa is on a distinguished road
Oh my sympathies, Victoria. A sudden death through an accident like that always seems more awful. Hugs.

Moelisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:53 PM   #1204
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Oh how awful Victoria. My sympathy on the loss.

Old 07-10-2019, 08:38 PM   #1205
Mary
Cool Super Poster

Mary is on a distinguished road
it is nice to catch up with family, but sad that it happens at a funeral. The poor thing, what a horrible way to die.

Playing Runescape since 24 April 2004. Member since 01 Aug 2004.
Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:22 AM   #1206
granath
Cool Poster

granath is on a distinguished road
Oh dear, my condolences. How awful.

granath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 08:45 AM   #1207
Keruval
Super Poster

Keruval is on a distinguished road
As we get older, sadly the family reunions tend more to funerals rather than celebrations; though a funeral is more becoming a celebration of a life.

Keruval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 02:54 PM   #1208
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

I must have had a lot of sick older friends because so many of them are now dead and gone. Am short on relatives, just 2 cousins and their families. Both are older than I am though.

Sigh, I hate paper cuts.... I got a doozy this morning. Cut the cuticle of my finger on edge of a paper plate first, then as I didnt bother to bandage it, I ended up re cutting it on an edge of an envelope, shearing into the original slice and almost removing a bit of the skin. Yes, it's bandaged up now....

Old 07-16-2019, 04:39 AM   #1209
granath
Cool Poster

granath is on a distinguished road
Ouch, paper cuts can be incredibly painful considering their size.

granath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:49 AM   #1210
Moelisa

Paper cuts make for very frustrated City Council employees who have to take your fingerprints for a new passport.... because you have those tiny scars all over your fingers. I had ink over ALL my fingers, including thumb, the last time, until they found one they could live with...Thanks God my City Council is full of nice people with a good sense of humour.
Weather here was freeeeezing the last few days okay not freezing but I was cold, so there! It's mid July, and the temperatures did barely reach 15 C, which is something I'd expect in late autumn or early spring. Not in summer!
It's picking up a bit though, and the forecast is better for the weekend and next week!

Old 07-18-2019, 03:58 PM   #1211
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Opposite weather here, with 100f forecast for friday and the weekend days.
What is that in c temps? Like 35c or something? I just cant deal with the total differences in numbers. Today is pouring rain which is OK since we had a dry spell for a week or so. Now I dont have to go out to water the pitiful tomato plants, lol. Did my Thursday grocery shopping and got wet even with using the brolly to go to and from the car.

Old 07-19-2019, 05:35 AM   #1212
Moelisa

Tanje, yes, 100 F would be roughly 37 C - perfect for me if it isn't humid. Humidity makes me dizzy already at much lower temps. (The 15 for example I mentioned above, that would be around 59 F or so).
Taking close to two weeks' worth of my holiday entitlement for this year, not planning anything, just pottering around at home, reading, walking, maybe do little day tours - just relaxing. Weather forecast is sort of promising, so we'll see. If it rains, I'll sit inside and read. If the sun shines, I'll sit outside and read

Old 07-19-2019, 02:48 PM   #1213
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

OMG Moelisa you need some blood in your veins or fat on your bones to keep you warm if 100f is comfy for you.

OK so I spit toothpaste all over the cats head this morning.... (By cat I mean Larz. Corky is pretty much a furry meatloaf without much curiosity or personality.) Larz is fascinated by me brushing and flossing my teeth. (I have electric brush and water pick flosser) He gets indignant if I brush and close the door so he cant supervise. Of course he wants to headbutt my face while I am brushing and catch the spit and drool. I do try and keep him away from it all but today he managed to get too close on a pasty spit. Had to wipe him off with a damp cloth which he didnt appreciate. Usually he insists on getting in the sink and "digging" or wants to hang half up side down to drink the water. Some cats are just "special" and Larz is one of a few.

(Larz just informed me he wanted me to put my feet up so he could sit on the footrest. Of course I did just that for my kitty overlord. Yes he has me well trained.)

Old 07-19-2019, 08:28 PM   #1214
Victoria
Super Moderator

Victoria is on a distinguished road
lol Larz sounds very special to me.

\your temperatures sound way too hot for me. I think I'd lie in a cold bath most of the day.

Played since Feb 2004, member since May 2004
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:33 AM   #1215
Cosmic Dancer
Really Mega Poster

Cosmic Dancer is on a distinguished road
Larz does sound like a very unique cat.

We are potentially due to get heat for 2 or 3 days next week, low 30sC, which is a long way below what some in America are having to deal with. I don't like the heat, but at least my school broke up on Friday, so I can be at home and choosing what I do rather than having to be in school.

Joined F2P March 2006 & P2P July 2007
Cosmic Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM   #1216
Moelisa

I need to move somewhere where it's warmer, Tanje
I seem to have chosen the right week for my leave, as it's supposed to get really hot with temps between 30 and even close to 40 C on Thursday! Even I might balk at 40!
Wonder how much of my sport will take place, swimming and dry gymnastics I am pretty sure will happen but will be "emptier", not sure about Tai-Chi, usually if it's over 30C, they cancel it. We'll see.
Tomorrow I'll pick up my friend Wendy, and we'll go somewhere nice for breakfast. It's her last week in Germany before she'll move back to UK, to the Isle of Wight, on 1 August. I'll miss her horribly, she's not only one of my Tai-Chi instructors, but has been my best friend for over a decade, and we've been on holidays together in Venice, and last year in Malta. Good thing there's facebook, skype, whatsApp and other things to keep in contact.

Old Yesterday, 01:56 PM   #1217
Tanje
Wife of the Admin

Oh that is sad Moelisa to have a good friend move far away. Having worked at the VA Hospital for many years we tended to employ a lot of Navy wives (as the Naval Base is next door) and of course the Navy moves its people every few years or so. (so the wives tend to move along with their husbands) Id make a good friend and then away she would go to a new place on the opposite ends of the USA. Some I kept in touch with for years but it seems I always ended up losing them in the shuffle as they moved place to place.

Trying to get used to not having my "go to" TV station anymore. As some of you know our sat tv provider couldnt agree with one of the Major TV Networks here (CBS) and dropped them from their lineup. Sadly it was a station I watch most of the day. Worst of all it was my favorite morning news programs. The other Networks just arent the same to me. Not sure what we will do. I highly doubt Ill get Wolfie to agree to change back to cable tv even though he wont be able to get his beloved NCIS shows anymore along with many others. No Survivor, no Amazing Race, no Young Sheldon among many others we like to watch on CBS. Guess it will all work out somehow, things always do. Meantime I can catch some shows on my computer if I really need to.