Wolfegar Forums
Random Gallery Image

Recent Gallery Image

Go Back   Wolfegar Forums > General > Movie, Television, Book and other Entertainment Discussions

Notices

Old 07-27-2016, 09:29 AM   #31
Mayhem
First Strykewyrm Slayer Assignment

Mayhem is on a distinguished road
LOL Moelisa

Josh, come to Manchester for the day at some point! The Trafford centre is pokestop heaven and at the Lowrey, they have so many pokestops and most of them have lures on them all night!

Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 03:18 PM   #32
Josh

Josh is on a distinguished road
Oo, been a while since I last went there red... Maybe i'll go back for some pokemon some time, still need to check my own city centre, just that i can't imagine there's a whole lot. We could do with some shops before pokestops
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:13 PM   #33
Mayhem
First Strykewyrm Slayer Assignment

Mayhem is on a distinguished road
https://pokevision.com/ Check this out, may be useful

Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 12:50 PM   #34
Josh

Tried it, thanks though. Not convinced it works well at all though. I can find more pokemon within 2 minutes between pokestops than it shows throughout my whole area. Also shows the city centre as having only a few extra pokemon than we have here (outskirts of city).
Old 07-29-2016, 10:22 PM   #35
Lily
Super Poster

Lily is on a distinguished road
Does this work everywhere? If you visited another place some miles away, would it still work? If you see what I mean.

"The gaze of the wolf reaches into our soul."
-Barry Lopez
Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 09:48 PM   #36
Josh

Both the app and pokevision would work completely normal for being in other cities too, just follows your gps positioning. Which is why some people cheat by hacking their gps coords and setting themselves in the coords of where rare pokemon have just spawned. They also do that whilst sitting at their computers so they don't even nearly play the game legit... And no hard bans on it yet either, just soft bans for a few hours. (still allowed on twitch as a result)
Old 08-14-2016, 02:23 PM   #37
Mary
Cool Super Poster

Mary is on a distinguished road
Okay this is my experience.

Start with a bunch of very excitable 14/15 year olds. Pile them all into the car the day the game releases. They all plug in their devices into the thingy that was used to light cigarettes in the good old days. We have some extension cord or something stuck into it. Then they all start using someones hotspot. Then half of them disconnect from the upload server. There is a lot of screeching.

I am directed to the nearest church. They all disembark. People stop to chat to me (this is on holidays, everyone chats). Are they not supposed to walk all the adults ask? I have no idea, I am just the driver. A stranger approaches me asking for a lift to the caravan site as they had a few drinks and did not want to drive. I abandon the kids and take a spin with some very civilised but boozy adults who tell me everything they know about pokemon (nothing!).

Back for the kids and we drive along the road. STOP!! is roared from the back seat. I pull in safely, seconds later "GO ON". But we get to the beach where the beach sign is a pokestop and half of the kids get it and the other half are still muttering about servers going down. I finally get that it is landmarks so I suggest the mizen station (most southerly point in Ireland). Off we go, with random requests for STOP NOW, but they all seem happy. Apparently the mizen centre is a Pokemon Gym. We get there but nothing is happening, rumours were wrong. The fog is bad and there is no view for me and it is beginning to get dark but the play ground is still open. So they all abandon the game for a half hour on the swings and roundabout.

Aside from the random STOP NOW shouts from the back of the car the game seems fun. And no, I do not stop for pokemons any more - holidays are over.

Playing Runescape since 24 April 2004. Member since 01 Aug 2004.
Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:52 PM   #38
Lily
Super Poster

Lily is on a distinguished road
Mary, I did laugh at your lovely description there. . That's a different sort of day out in the holidays, isn't it? And you managed to fit in a good Samaritan act too. I hope you too, enjoyed the day.

"The gaze of the wolf reaches into our soul."
-Barry Lopez
Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:26 AM   #39
Moelisa
Stalker of Wolves (Well one anyway.)

Moelisa is on a distinguished road
That was fun to read, loved the bit about the tipsy person asking for a lift. Thank you for sharing that.

Moelisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:47 PM   #40
granath
Cool Poster

granath is on a distinguished road
My son and I play it together. We're both on the yellow team, so we can go and challenge gyms together. It also gets us out of the house a bit. Just walking bores him to tears.

granath is offline   Reply With Quote